Designed and manufactured in Germany.
The Wieland Group, with headquarters in Ulm, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of copper tube. The global workforce of the Wieland Group is approx. 6,700 strong which 4,300 are employed in Germany. The domestic plants (Wieland AG) are located in Ulm, Velbert-Langenberg, Villingen-Schwenningen and Vöhringen/Iller.
Top of the League
As the copper and copper alloy specialist at the top of the world league, Wieland provides support for their customer’s success from many locations and continents – backed by a reliable, flexible supply network and the best services of unvarying quality. In response to the global challenges of our time such as climate change, digitisation, and minimised draw on resources, they design their products, services, and technologies to provide sustainable and innovative solutions.
Vöhringen/Iller - Wieland Location
Wieland. Empowering Success.
founded in Ulm
€ billion turnover
€ million investments
Developing Continuously - copper alloys, processes, and products
Developing on a constant basis: Wieland researches unceasingly into new and improved copper alloys, products, and processes. This they see to be the key foundation of their company’s success. At the same time, they receive ideas and motivation from their close cooperation with institutes of universities, research institutes, and partner companies. First and foremost, however, they are thoroughly familiar with the current and future requirements of their customers, and tailor their performance accordingly.
At Wieland, they take very seriously their responsibility towards nature and people. They want to preserve the living space for future generations. As a consequence, their company policy begins with the minimised draw on energy and resources. By improving their processes on a continuous basis, they reduce their burden on the environment in the form of emissions, waste, etc. All of their copper products are 100% recyclable.
As a natural resource copper is valuable in every form, be it a vital trace element in the human body or a mineral found in the earth’s crust. Many advantages have been dicovered of copper and its alloys, notably its excellent forming properties, strength, thermal and electrical conductivity. Copper has proved to be one of the most important worked metals in modern times.
Copper is a unique material for ecologically sustainable developments and is 100% recyclable. More than half of today’s raw copper is already produced by reusing returned material.
- Resistant to aging and retain their properties e.g. pressure resistance and elasticity
- Gas and diffusion-tight
- Subject to minimal thermal expansion
- Exhibit good mechanical resistance
- Easy to install
- Can be connected by a variety of techniques, which have been proven over generations
- Unaffected by temperature fluctuations
- Suitable for all domestic plumbing applications
- Readily available in all common sizes
The requirements to be satisfied by copper tubes for domestic plumbing systems are clearly specified in two standards: EN 1057 and NZS3501.
SANCO Plumbing Tube
Thanks to the patent production process, SANCO copper tubes are superior to the requirements defined in the applicable standards and regulations. The universal plumbing tube is subjected to continuous quality control and is constantly available in the full range of dimensions from 6mm to 27mm.
SANCO tubes are seamless drawn plumbing tubes consisting of pure deoxidised copper (Cu-DHP) of a quality standard that comfortably satisfies all contemporary requirements.
- Domestic hot and cold water supply
- Heating systems
- Gas services
- Liquified gas
- Oil services for heating
- Solar heat installations
- Industrial compressed air
- Sprinkler systems
- Fire-fighting water pipes
- The patented production process means that the specifications of SANCO tubes are far superior to the requirements defined in applicable standards and regulations
- Universal use in a range of finely differentiated dimensions
- Optimal availability and compatibility with a wide range of fittings
- Maximum operating temperature: 250°C (check maximum operation pressure if temperature exceeds 120°C)
- Fire resistance: DIN 4102-A1 (non-flammable)
SANCO tubes offer all the benefits associated with copper tubes plus excellent safety
SANCO is Europe’s No. 1 copper plumbing tube today